Silver Lake Pediatrics PA follows the immunization guidelines recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
EFFECTIVE: January 1, 2019
After careful thought and consideration, and in response to the recommendations of both The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Silver Lake Pediatrics, P.A. requires all new patients of the practice to immunize their children following the recommended CDC schedule. Not only does this protect your child from preventable illnesses but lessens the risk to newborn infants and other children in our waiting room.
Established patients who have selected one of our three schedules previously offered, this will not affect your child. Vaccines will be administered as indicated on your selection.
Established families with Newborns will now be required to follow the AAP/CDC schedule.
Established or patients transferring into our office that are unimmunized or under immunized we will follow the CDC CATCH UP SCHEDULE to begin the process of appropriately vaccinating your child.
We strongly agree with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that childhood vaccines are critical to maintaining healthy children and communities. As medical professionals, we feel that vaccinating children following the recommended schedule with currently available vaccines is the absolute best choice for all children and young adults.
- We firmly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines too prevent serious illness and save lives.
- We firmly believe in the safety of our vaccines.
- We firmly believe that all children and young adults should receive all the recommended vaccines according to the AAP/CDC.
- We firmly believe, based on all available literature, evidence, and current studies, that vaccines are not associated with autism or other developmental disabilities.
- We firmly believe that vaccinating children and young adults may be the single most important health-promoting intervention we perform as healthcare providers, and that you can provide as parents/caregivers for your child’s well-being.
- We adhere to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Immunization Guidelines.
- Because we are committed to protecting the health of your children, we require all our patients to be vaccinated.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2019 we do not follow “alternative schedules”. Any established family who refuses to adhere to the AAP recommended vaccine schedules must sign a refusal to vaccinate and your family may be discharged from our practice.
- Please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines or https://www.aap.org for any additional questions you may have regarding any vaccines.
For parents who are choosing not to vaccinate we urge you to reconsider.
Recommended Immunization Schedule
Vaccine Safety: The Facts Safety facts on vaccines from the AAP